How to Remove Spin Mop Head for Washing | Effective Tips
Keeping your home clean and tidy is one of the biggest challenges. Everyone looks forward to a clean house. People had to use only a broom and a bucket to clean a house in the past. But nowadays there are many cleaning tools available. But a cleaning mop is probably the most popular among those tools.
A spin mop is a long stick with a removable mop head at its top which functions as the cleaner. After using a mop many times, the mop head gets very dirty. We need to remove the mop head to clean or replace it. Many people do not know that a mop head can be removed from the spin mop. So, we will discuss how to remove spin mop head for washing.
Step-by-Step Process of How to Remove Spin Mop Head for Washing
As we have already mentioned, you can remove the mop head from the spin mop when you need to wash it. There should be a marking or instruction on how to twist the head and separate it. Follow the step-by-step tutorial to do it properly.
Step 1: Examine the Head
All spin mops have a pattern on its head. This pattern shows how you should twist and separate it. You can separate the mop head easily when you can find it. Some spin mop has a C-clamp pin or a wing nut. You can remove the head by loosening them also.
Step 2: Twist the Head
Twist the mop head in the suggested direction. But if there is no pattern, try to twist it in both ways slowly. It should twist aside. When you can twist the head, pull it off slowly from its main body. Do not twist too hard as it can break the main structure of the mop.
Step 3: Use a Little Force
There is a good chance you will not be able to remove the mop head at all. If that happens, use a little force to twist it. Avoid forcing it very hard as it may damage the mop.
Step 4: Remove All Extra Things from the Mop Head
Normally, you can wash the mop head using a washing machine. But mop heads have some extra attachments on them. You can’t put the mop head into a washing machine with those attachments as they can badly damage the machine. So, remove all attachments before you wash a mop head.
Step 5: Utilize Water Removing Feature
Many mops have special water removing features. If your mop doesn’t have it, then you need an area to drain water from it. You can choose any comfortable area you like.
Step 6: Use a Detergent
Normally, we need to clean a mop head after using it for a long time. It is most likely to become a lot dirty by then. To clean the mop head properly, use a good detergent when you clean.
Advantages of Cleaning a Mop Head
There are a few advantages of cleaning a mop head regularly.
- Cleaning a mop head makes it hygienic. We use a spin mop to clean our house but in return it gets dirty. That’s why it is important to clean it regularly.
- A dirty mop can be full of germs or bacteria. Clean the mop head regularly to get rid of them.
Advantages of Using a Spin Mop
A spin mop is an extraordinary cleaning tool. It functions better than a traditional mop. Using a spin mop has many benefits. Such as-
- A spin mop can cover more area than a traditional mop. So, you can clean a larger area in a short time using it.
- A normal mop splashes too much water. On the other hand, a spin mop has got a splash guard. It is constructed in such a way that it perfectly fits into a bucket. So, there’s no way dirty water can get spilled out of the bucket.
- It is really easy to wring water out of it.
- A spin mop can absorb a lot of water.
Disadvantages of Using a Spin Mop
Well, everything has its downside as well. A spin mop is no exception also. There are a few disadvantages of this tool also.
- A spin mop doesn’t have a strong structure. You can’t use it for heavy cleaning. This mop doesn’t last long as a traditional mop. You may need to replace it often. However, some spin mop models have a feature that allows changing the mop itself.
- A spin mop has different parts. They are all assembled with screws. They easily break apart if you apply too much pressure when cleaning.
- The mop head is made of plastic. It can damage your tile floor.
Before you start changing the mop head, there are a few things you should keep in mind.
- Read the manual first.
- Some mop heads can’t be washed.
- Change the mop head inside the bathroom or outside of your house.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
When Should You Change Your Mop Heads?
When the mop head gets dirty, replace it. Usually, people change them every 2 or 3 months.
Is It Easier To Use A Flat Mop Or A Spin Mop?
A flat mop is better for heavy cleaning and a spin mop is better for cleaning soft particles.